Installing a new roof on your home or business is an investment that should be made about once every 20 years or so. Roofs do not last forever, but you can extend their life expectancy when you check for damage after storms and make minor repairs when issues arise. You can also protect your investment by purchasing a roof warranty. Are roof warranties worth it? The team from Aastro Roofing will examine the answer to this question in today?s post.
Types of Commercial and Residential Roof Warranties
Today, there are three main types of roof warranties available for residential or commercial purchase. These include the manufacturer?s system warranty (covers defects in labor and materials), the manufacturer?s material warranty (covers defects in materials) and the contractor?s workmanship guarantee (labor and material defects covered). A commercial roof warranty is a great way to protect yourself from faulty materials or substandard workmanship. The length of each warranty differs and is as follows:
- Material warranty – Lasts anywhere from 10 to 30 years
- System warranty – Issued by the manufacturer and last between 10 and 30 years
- Workmanship guarantee – Issued by the roofing contractor and lasts between one to five years
What Can Void a Roof Warranty?
The last thing you want to have happen after buying a roof warranty, which is also known as roof insurance, is for the warranty to be voided for one reason or another. A roof warranty can wind up being voided for any of the following reasons:
- Unauthorized repairs to the roof Roof Warranties Info Graphic Pre- Approval
- Allowing water to pond or puddle excessively on the roof
- Failure to repair any known roof damage within a specified period
- Failure to make the warranty payments
- Failure to provide maintenance on the roof
- Making a change of use for the building
What many homeowners and business owners don?t realize is that most warranties require annual or biannual roof maintenance in order to keep the warranty valid. The warranty typically specifies the type of maintenance required who can perform the maintenance.?
How Much Does a Roof Warranty Cost?
So, how much does commercial roofing insurance cost? For the most part, two of the warranty types mentioned earlier will usually be included in the purchase cost of a new roof. Those warranties typically included are the workmanship guarantee and the manufacturer material warranty. It can be difficult to pinpoint general cost of the various types of roof warranties because they vary in length and how much coverage you want.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Roof Warranty
When looking to buy a roof warranty, you need to review the following questions before coming to a decision about the warranty:
- Will the warranty last for the roof?s lifetime?
- What is the cost-of-coverage needed?
- Do you need a contractor or manufacturer’s warranty?
- What kind of material coverage will you need?
Questions About Roofing Warranties? Call Aastro Roofing
When you have questions about the warranty for your roof, you need to speak to an experienced roofing contractor in Florida about your concerns. Call Aastro Roofing at 561-409-3280 to speak to a member of our team today. We will help you pick the warranty that best meets your needs.