Home building materials have been evolving over the years, and more materials are quickly becoming available for use. Metal roofs, in particular, have been getting a lot of attention as they are very resilient, sturdy, accessible, and can be lovely to look at.
The quality and performance of a roof largely depend on what kind of maters are used for construction. The same goes for metal roofs, as there are many different types of metal roofing. Some are more suited for commercial spaces, while others are great as residential metal roofing. Being diverse, metal roofs can also work as a residential roof.
The Best Metal Roof for Residential Purposes: 4 Types of Metal Roofing
The type of metal roof you pick for your home will affect how well your roof performs. Metal roofs are sturdy, but what else can the different types of residential metal roofing do? If you are wondering about which types of metal roofing can go great with your residential roofing styles in mind, here are four of the best metal roofs for residential purposes with their pros and cons.
Steel metal roofing is one of the most common. It’s sturdy, cheaper, and very resilient.
· heavy but sturdy;
· can be coated to protect against the elements;
· can be coated to look nice but still performs exceptionally;
· more cost-effective compared to other types of metal roofing.
· weight may not be suitable for some homes;
· installation cost may be high, depending on the preferences of the homeowner.
Copper metal roofing has been used for a long time and is again regaining popularity as it’s sturdy and elegant.
· very workable, as copper as a metal is soft enough;
· does not rust;
· elegant coloration even after being weathered.
· a lot more expensive compared to other materials;
· the coloration may not be preferred by everyone.
Alloys and mixed metal products can also be used as roofing materials. They metals are carefully chosen to give the final product the best qualities that the formulator decides on.
· very sturdy and resilient;
· weathering effect varies based on the types of metals used;
· generally rust-proof for most metal types.
· price varies based on the metals used;
· never rusts;
· metallic finish.
· the metallic finish may be off-putting for some, but it can be painted over;
· enough impact can dent the aluminum, as it isn’t as sturdy as steel.
Get Your Metal Roof Installed Today
For all your residential roof installation and maintenance needs in Boca Raton, FL, we highly recommend that you work only with experienced roofing professionals like Aastro Roofing. Whether it be installation, repair, or maintenance, you can rely on us to attend to all your roofing needs. Contact us at 561-409-3280 or email email@example.com for inquiries.